Heavy Equipment Crane Operator Hydraulic and Friction
Job Title: Heavy Equipment Crane Operator Hydraulic and Friction
Reports to: Superintendent
Location: Orange, TX - Production Management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Operates traveling or stationary overhead crane to lift, move, and position loads, such as machinery, equipment, products, and solid or bulk materials, using hoisting attachments, such as hook, sling or bucket. The Heavy Equipment Crane Operator Hydraulic and Friction is responsible for operating a variety of heavy, specialized lifting equipment. In addition to operating, the position will be required to rig loads as needed.
- Operate hydraulic and friction cranes in a safe and efficient manner.
- Determine the weights and check them against lifting capacities in order to prevent overload.
- Manipulates or depresses crane controls, such as pedals, levers, and buttons, to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal, and signal instructions.
- Inspects crane for defective parts and notifies supervisor of defects or malfunctions.
- Observes load hookup and determines safety of load.
- Review special loading instructions.
- Lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds occasionally, lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds regularly
- Using hand and arm signals for installing, handling, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
- Perform similar, incidental and any other duties as assigned.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although out-of-the-area and overnight travel will be expected.
Required Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or previous training or certification or a minimum of three to five years’ related training and on the job experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) required.
- NCCCO or NCCER certification (Preferred)
- No fear of heights
- Prior ship repair/shipbuilding/shipyard/marine experience (Preferred)
- Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Must be able to board ships, enter confined spaces with limited visibility and have the ability to climb up and down stairs and/or ladders of varying heights to complete the job or inspections -Must be able to work indoors and outdoors under all weather conditions.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to interact with a variety of people in a variety of settings.
- Occasionally the work environment may be loud.
- The position occasionally requires work in outside weather conditions, including rain and extreme heat, near moving mechanical parts and includes occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions and to vibration.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High performance and a strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Detail oriented, organizational and strong communication skills.
- Bilingual English/ Spanish (preferred but not required).
Click here to submit a Request for Repair Quote
or call us today for Repair Emergencies at 713.644.1595