Job Title: HSE Coordinator
Reports to: HSE Director
Location: Orange, TX - HSE Department
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Routine inspection of facility work site to identify potential hazards or areas of non-compliance with company policies and permits and applicable regulations.
- Work with Operations personnel to resolve identified HSE issues and report up to the HSE Manager.
- Serve as HSE Representative to assigned projects and assure compliance with HSE policies and regulations on the assigned project at all times.
- Develop, implement, and update HSE Plans for each assigned project.
- Coordinate all work-related permits including painting project to assigned projects.
- Assist in the direction of Shipyard Competent Person activities to assure assigned project confined spaces are tested as required and tags and logs are updated.
- Document temperature readings daily in confined and enclosed spaces.
- Position and maintain emergency equipment such as life rings, fire extinguishers, eye wash stations, etc.
- Attend and lead safety discussion at project meetings.
- Communicate all Safety issues to facility superintendent, and facility General Manager.
- Conduct routine yard inspections of fire extinguishers, eye wash stations and any other hazards that are identified.
- Conduct Incident/ Accident investigations using appropriate Incident Report documentation.
- Assist in maintaining yard MSDS books up to date.
- Maintain first aid office housekeeping routinely.
- Assure the calibration and maintenance on all Gas monitors and maintain a record log.
- Collect and submit all hot work and work permits, JSA’s and Sharp Sheet forms to the main office for filling.
- Assist in conducting routine inventory count to maintain adequate amounts of medical treatment supplies and Personal Safety Equipment (PPE) in the tool room.
- Other duties may be assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Safety technician degree or equivalent experience.
- Shipyard Competent Person Experienced.
- First aid/CPR trained.
- Regular exposure to all weather conditions, especially hot, humid and / or rainy weather, combined with regular work time indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High performance and a strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
- Bilingual English/ Spanish (preferred but not required).
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of assigned personnel.
Click here to submit a Request for Repair Quote
or call us today for Repair Emergencies at 713.644.1595