Job Title: Marine Electrician
Reports to: Electrical Project Manager
Location: Orange, TX – Production
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To support production, our customers and our facilities electrically for fabrication and report installations. Assist in vessel overhauls, craft and vessel support in set-up, connection and tear down of temporary power. Incumbent may also assist in maintenance and repair of the facility electrically or onboard vessels of all sizes.
- Working knowledge and experience in operation, maintenance, and repair and or installation of cableways, motors, motor controllers, and limit torque valves, limit switches, proximity switches, hydraulic pumping units, hybrid relay and standard electronic module controllersworks from blueprints, tech manuals.
- Receives instructions on semi-routine and difficult assignments.
- May provide training and guidance to lower levels.
- Performs all necessary tasks (semi-skilled and unskilled) laboring duties. related to the installation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of systems and equipment.
- Complies with all electrical standards (IEEE and NEC) safety and. environmental policies and procedures.
- Assist in job planning through the JHA (Job Hazard Analysis) process.
- Wire way installations.
- Cable pulling, Equipment mounting and cut in, Basic terminations.
- Proper use of electrical hand tools as well as pneumatic and electric trade specific tools.
- Perform similar, incidental and any other duties as assigned.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although out-of-the-area and overnight travel will be expected.
Required Education & Experience:
- Associates degree or equivalent or 3 to 5 years’ related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint) -Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of OHM's Law.
- Basic to advanced knowledge of AC and DC.
- Basic to advanced knowledge of Power generation, controls and distribution.
- Basic to advanced knowledge of transformer theory.
- Responsible for basic and increasing knowledge of drawings and line diagrams.
- Must be able to board ships, enter confined spaces with limited visibility and have the ability to climb up and down stairs and/or ladders of varying heights to complete the job or inspections -Must be able to work indoors and outdoors under all weather conditions.
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to interact with a variety of people in a variety of settings.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Occasionally the work environment may be loud.
- The position occasionally requires work in outside weather conditions, including rain and extreme heat, near moving mechanical parts and includes occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions and to vibration.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High performance and a strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
- Hands on lead from the front manager.
- Detail oriented with strong communication skills.
- Bilingual English/ Spanish (preferred by not required).
Click here to submit a Request for Repair Quote
or call us today for Repair Emergencies at 713.644.1595