Superintendent of Tank Cleaning
Reports to: Manager of Environmental Services
Location: Galveston, Houston and Orange TX – Production Management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for providing overall direction and fields administration leading, organizing and coordinating all aspects of assigned project, manage the assigned personnel, equipment and subcontractors. Ensure project is completed in a safe manner according to the job procedure plan as well as the safety execution plan. Other responsibilities include the effective communication with customer, field crew and the Manager of Environmental Services and General Manager in charge of the facility. Ensure appropriate/reliable equipment and fully trained personnel are on site.This position is responsible for providing overall direction and fields administration leading, organizing and coordinating all aspects of assigned project, manage the assigned personnel, equipment and subcontractors. Ensure project is completed in a safe manner according to the job procedure plan as well as the safety execution plan. Other responsibilities include the effective communication with customer, field crew and the Manager of Environmental Services and General Manager in charge of the facility. Ensure appropriate/reliable equipment and fully trained personnel are on site.
- Provide overall direction and field administration of his/her assigned project.
- Manage the assigned personnel, equipment, and subcontractors.
- Ensure work performance is planned and coordinated according to the schedule, with strict adherence to quality and budget considerations.
- Assist the sales force in preparation of estimates and procedures in planning of projects, with a strong eye to operational efficiencies.
- Maintain project work site in a safe and environmentally sound condition per company policies, procedures as well as DOT, EPA, and OSHA requirements.
- Initiate corrective action for any unsafe or environmentally unsound conditions, regulations, and procedures.
- Ensure that all client and company policies are adhered to in the completion of the assigned projects.
- Interface daily with client contact, and constantly seek opportunities to sell additional services.
- Conduct walk through of all jobs being performed.
- Actively participate in feedback and post-job evaluation portions of the project.
- Maintain a detailed daily log of events.
- Monitor assigned equipment for signs of mechanical problems, and work with management to ensure there are no on the job equipment failures.
- Evaluate subordinate work performance on quality, efficiencies and administrative matters.
- Assist management in identifying developmental and training needs of employees.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with other employees.
- Build rapport and productive working relationships with customers, vendors and other outside personnel.
- Execute company preventive maintenance program for assigned equipment; inspects equipment periodically to ensure maintenance and safety standards are met and in good working condition.
- Generate repair and maintenance summaries and request as needed for all equipment
- Review work orders daily and ensures work performance is planned and coordinated according to schedule, quality, and budget objectives
- Manages productivity and enforces or modifies work procedures as needed.
- Train subordinates/team members on-the-job in equipment operation, services, processes, and necessary paperwork
- Maintains up-to-date supervisor certifications including confined space, emergency response, hazwoper, etc.
- Work with Operations personnel to resolve identified HSE issues and report up to the HSE Director. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
- Assure compliance with HSE safety policies and company handbook are properly followed and enforced on all assigned projects at all times.
- Perform similar, incidental and any other duties as assigned.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although out-of-the-area and overnight travel could be expected.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or five to seven years’ related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint) -Must have strong.
- 40 Hour Hazwoper Certification with Confined Space Training required.
- Proven ability to operate, maintain and troubleshoot industrial cleaning equipment.
- Prior project management/supervisory experience with proven leadership skills.
- Ability to research, plan & follow-up leads to secure business.
- Proven well developed teamwork and collaboration skills including strong verbal and written communication, presentation, and team facilitation.
- Must poses excellent interpersonal skills to build positive relationships and handle conflict resolution.
- Excellent analytical, planning and organization skills.
- Must have the ability to prioritize to meet multiple deadlines.
- Must be able to board ships, enter confined spaces with limited visibility and have the ability to climb up and down stairs and/or ladders of varying heights to complete the job or inspections -Must be able to work indoors and outdoors under all weather conditions.
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to interact with a variety of people in a variety of settings.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Occasionally the work environment may be loud.
- The position occasionally requires work in outside weather conditions, including rain and extreme heat, near moving mechanical parts and includes occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions and to vibration.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High performance and a strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
- Hands-on lead from the front manager
- Detail-oriented with strong communication skills
- Bilingual English/ Spanish (preferred but not required).
Click here to submit a Request for Repair Quote
or call us today for Repair Emergencies at 713.644.1595