Ship Repair Superintendent - Orange, TX
Job Location: Orange, TX - Production Management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Work entails managing a workforce on-board customer ships, barges, and tugboats in order to accomplish a full array of maintenance and repairs. Welding, Fitting, Pumps, Machinery Repairs, and maintenance experience are required. The candidate must have ship repair experience or heavy welding and machinery background.
- Manage daily job activities and trades on assigned projects.
- Communicate with Project Managers to develop plans and time frames to effectively use the time and workforce efficiently.
- Maintains positive customer relations, facilitates two-way communications between Management and the Customer and attends meetings as required.
- Allocate job tasks to the proper personnel.
- Coordinates Subcontractor work, monitoring progress and facilitating communication between Subcontractor and production.
- Prepare reports on costs, inventories, work progress, and work schedules.
- Ensure that the environmental and safety procedures are adhered to and constantly improved upon.
- Work with Operations personnel to resolve identified HSE issues and report up to the HSE Director.
- Assure compliance with HSE safety policies and company handbook are properly followed and enforced on all assigned projects at all times.
- Attend and lead safety discussions at project meetings.
- Perform similar, incidental, and any other duties as assigned.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although out-of-the-area and overnight travel will be expected.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or seven to ten years related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint) -Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to board ships, enter confined spaces with limited visibility and have the ability to climb up and down stairs and/or ladders of varying heights to complete the job or inspections -Must be able to work indoors and outdoors under all weather conditions.
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to interact with a variety of people in a variety of settings.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. Occasionally the work environment may be loud.
- The position occasionally requires work in outside weather conditions, including rain and extreme heat, near moving mechanical parts, and includes occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions and to vibration.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High performance and a strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
- Hands-on lead from the front manager
- Detail-oriented with strong communication skills.
- Bilingual English/ Spanish (preferred but not required).
Click here to submit a Request for Repair Quote
or call us today for Repair Emergencies at 713.644.1595